What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Taco seasoning, to taste
1. Cook the cup of quinoa following the instructions on your quinoa packet. Once the quinoa is done cooking, place into a large bowl and allow to cool.
2. Mix in the corn, black beans, and diced avocado in to the quinoa.
3. Prepare the dressing by combing the lime juice, olive oil, honey, and taco seasoning in a bowl. You may also add chili flakes, salt, and pepper if desired. Mix the dressing with the quinoa.
4. You may top the salad with some cheese. I also heated some frozen grilled chicken and mixed it in for more protein.
If you don’t have very much time, you can prepare the quinoa the day before (approximately 25 minutes) and throw in everything else the next day. This recipe easily serves 4-6 people and keeps in the fridge for a week.