Avocados are healthy and delicious. However, I’ve never been one to cut an avocado in half and eat it plain, like my mom does. In case you haven’t caught on to my recent food related posts, I’m trying to eat better and cleaner. This is a lifestyle change and not necessarily a diet that I’m on. I don’t believe in those. Here’s a frugal clean eats recipe you’ll have to try.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe avocado (currently 79 cents at my local grocery store, usually they’re 99 cents)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F. Cut and pit the avocado and place on to a baking dish or sheet.
2. Put the salsa into each avocado half.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, and lime juice.
4. Top each avocado half with the bread crumb mixture and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
Once they’re done, allow them to cool before digging in. I ate half in one sitting for dinner and was too full to eat the other half. I was able to refrigerate it and reheat it the next day and it still tasted great. I hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!