I have been hearing all about these 2 ingredient cookies that are made with bananas and oatmeal and had to try them out. I always have a large tub of whole wheat oats and bananas are easy and cheap to come by. Who doesn’t love a frugal and healthy recipe? This recipe will make about 5 cookies depending on how large you make them. Feel free to double the ingredients if you want to make more.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 ripe banana (I find that it works best for the banana to be slightly brown on the outside but not too ripe)
- Optional: cinnamon, nuts, raisins, etc.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°. Slice up your banana and place in a bowl.
2. With a spoon, mash your banana up. You may also do this in a food processor or blender. Don’t worry if there are chunks of bananas, it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
3. Once your bananas are mashed up, add in your oats. This is the time to add in any optional add-ins too.
4. Lay your dough out on to a cookie sheet. I like to use parchment paper to prevent sticking and for easy clean up. Your cookie will not expand so the way you lay it out on the sheet is how it’ll come out. Bake for 15 minutes.
That’s it! Seriously, it’s super easy and you only need 2 ingredients. They’re also healthy to eat for breakfast or as a snack. I have to warn you though, the texture is more chewy than soft or crunchy like a traditional cookie. Once you get over the whole texture thing, they’re really great. I love adding in some chocolate chips and peanut butter to make it a sweet treat. Hope you enjoy!