With my new found love for studs, as you may have read in my last post, I decided I wanted to turn my boring skinny jeans in to something with a little more pizzazz. I found a cheap pack of gold pyramid studs on Ebay ($3.99) and already had a pair of $10 Forever 21 jeans which I turned in to a one of a kind piece. You can find cheap pyramid studs online through Ebay, Etsy, or Amazon. I got a pack with 100 pieces and used up pretty much all of them. I think that they turned out pretty good for $14.
1. You’ll need your studs (any size or color combination), a pair of pliers, and a pair of skinny jeans. Fold up the cuffs to the size you want and think about the pattern you would like for your studs and lay it out if necessary.
2. Take your first stud and push it through the jeans. I want to be able to wear these jeans with the cuff folded up just once so I pushed the stud through just one layer if the jeans instead of two. It’s up to you though.
3. Take your pliers and fold down the prongs so that your stud is secure.
4. Finish placing the studs in the pattern that you want starting from the bottom up and front to back.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 on your other pant leg. Once you have both sides studded, fold up your cuffs (if you just pushed them through one layer like I did) and admire your work.
Don’t worry if you place a stud in the wrong place. You can easily remove it and put it in the correct spot. Just take your pliers and push the prong back up. I’m kind of particular and did this multiple times if a stud wasn’t aligned just right. This is a super easy project that anyone can do. I think that it would be fun to add studs to the pockets of a pair of shorts too. The possibilities are pretty much endless!
Let me know if you decide to try this out or if you think of anything else to stud.